Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Demetria's Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice

Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice (credit to Demetria Raper!)

1 can RoTel tomatoes
1 pkg of your fave sausage (can be frozen)
1 pkg Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 cans red beans (or kidney beans)

Poor all of your cans into the Crock Pot.  (Don't drain!)  Mix in dry soup mix.  Add sausage.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve over rice!  (We use brown to make it healthier.  You can also use turkey sausage.)

I made it last night with dry beans, less "canned" taste.  I took 2 cups of dry beans and boiled them in a pot with about 6-7 cups of water for 10 minutes, no lid.  Then I took the pot off the stove, put a lid on it and let them sit for an hour.  After that, I added them to the Crock Pot just like I would canned beans.  I think next time I may add half an onion.  This recipe is so good and so easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment