Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Delicious Roast and Au Jus

(THIS IS SO GOOD!!!)

1 roast for the Crock Pot
1 jar Pepperoncini Peppers or Rings
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
1 pkg Au Jus mix

Poor entire jar or peppers and both mixes into the Crock Pot and stir.  Add roast.  Cook on low for 8 hours or until roast is falling apart.  Eat!

This is also SO good served on hoagie rolls with the au jus.  We eat them open faced with a fork.  Adjust the peppers as you need.  I felt a whole jar of whole peppers was a little much for a small roast.  I am trying rings this time just so they will be a little more spread through the roast and maybe break down a little more so my girls won't know they're eating them.  On the other hand, my husband LOVED the peppers.  He liked to eat them straight from the pot!

2 comments:

  1. I've also used this recipe (with a few differences- like adding onions and mixing dressing mix with olive oil and banana pepper juice) and have substituted the roast for 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It's just as good and cheaper at times. I serve it on ciabatta rolls. Always a crowd pleaser!

    ReplyDelete